Mold Remediation Irvine: Fire Station Mold Takes Hold
A fire station is the type of place that conjures up a vision of efficiency and order. With lives on the line, firefighters keep their stations and vehicles in pristine condition. Protocols and order are the law of the land. You would think that in this type of environment a problem such as mold wouldn’t be given a chance to take hold. We often think of mold as something that targets neglected buildings or unused basements. Station 80 in Orange County is currently experiencing an embarrassing mold problem. The mold is appearing on the ceiling and breeding behind walls, and this is a frightening reminder that even a clean building in constant use by professionals can suffer the consequences of dangerous mold spores. Black mold has been detected, and the cost of quality mold remediation services to remedy the problem is leading officials to consider building a new station altogether from the ground up. Let’s take a look at why mold is such a serious threat.
Mold Spore Galore
Many types of mold, including the black mold detected at Station 80 in Orange County, are extremely toxic to humans. Mold spores that are not visible to the naked eye become airborne and are breathed in, and this can lead to some serious illnesses and in extreme cases even death. The most common symptoms that accompany mold inhalation are similar to those that come with common allergies. Sneezing and coughing, itchy eyes and irritated skin are the most common problems. From there things only get worse, especially depending on the exact type of mold that is on the premises. Fever, difficulty breathing, and mold infections in the lungs can occur if things escalate.
Keep mold at bay as much as you can by cleaning regularly, especially in bathrooms and humid basements. Using a dehumidifier is another great way to cut down the risk of mold developing on your property. If you have experienced any type of flooded or other situation in which excessive amounts of moisture were allowed on the premises make sure all of the water is removed professionally and keep a close watch for mold.
Know When to Call for Help
When it comes to a mold infestation it is very important to call on the services of a professional mold remediation company. It’s generally not a good idea to attempt mold removal and cleanup yourself. Risking your health just simply isn’t worth it. A good mold removal specialists will come equipped with the proper tools to detect mold in every area of your home, even behind walls. They will also take the necessary safety precautions to ensure their good health as well as the health of you and any other inhabitants of the property. When a building like a fire station becomes infested we are reminded that no one is completely safe from this dangerous intruder. Stay safe and keep mold at bay as much as you can, but rely on professional help if things get out of hand.